- Gauteng Riders will be able to register on Thursday the 30th and Friday the 31st of July and collect their Rider Box, race number and Goodie Bag in Johannesburg – a venue will be advised closer to the time
- Gauteng Riders will then be able to return their packed Rider Box before 15.00 on Friday the 31st of July. Their Rider Box will be shuttled down to Queenstown through Super Rent
- For all other riders, i.e. non-Gauteng riders, Rider Box, Goodie Bag and Number Collection will take place at the Roydon Private Game Reserve on Thursday the 6th of August from 12.00 to 16.00
- Please Note: A comprehensive rider briefing will then take place at 16.00
- You need to ensure that you have booked your flights to ensure you are present at the rider briefing. Please note that the drive time from East London Airport to Queenstown is approximately 2 hours
Rider Box Transport
- Each rider will be issued with a standard “Rider Box” and this must hold all your personal possessions, including sleeping bag, pillow, clothing and bike spares. Only one box per person. Nothing else.
- Super Rent will transport your “RB” from the start to Old Thomas River, then on to Komga and finally to the finish at Morgan Bay.
- Gauteng riders will have the added bonus of their RB’s being transported from Jhb to Queenstown and from Morgan Bay back to Jhb.
Shuttles & Airport Transfers
Luxliner Coaches and Super Rent, our logistics and transport partners, will be offering limited bus & bike transport to the start in Queenstown. At this stage, these offerings are for Gauteng entrants only.
- Bike transport from Johannesburg to Queenstown – R600
- Bike transport from Kei Mouth to Johannesburg – R600
It is essential that you book this online when doing your entry – depending on the package you book, this may be included in your package
Bus shuttle from East London Airport to Queenstown on the 6th of July – you must book this online when doing your entry – check the package you book as this may be included in the package.
Bus shuttle from Morgan Bay to East London Airport on the 9th or 10th of August - you must book your transport day online when doing your entry. – check the package you book as this may be included in the package.
- Rider Box (RB) will be transported from Johannesburg to Queenstown – Complimentary - you must book this online when doing your entry.
- Rider Box (RB) will be transported from Morgan Bay to Johannesburg – Complimentary - you must book this online when doing your entry.
Vehicle Transfers from Queenstown to Morgan Bay
Thanks to the support from the Queenstown Community we can offer limited vehicle transfers from Queenstown to the finish at Morgan Bay. This will be done on a first come first served basis, and your booking will only be confirmed once payment has been made in full.
- The cost for the transfer from Queenstown to Morgan Bay is R950
Flight Schedules and Shuttle Times (subject to change – please consult website and newsletters for updates)
Johannesburg (JNB) to East London (ELS)
06:45 → 08:15 kulula 801
07:10 → 08:45 Safair 248
Please note that these times are subject to change without notice
Bus Departure Times from East London Airport to Queenstown
6th of August: 10.00
6th of August: 12.00
East London (ELS) to Johannesburg (JNB)
09:00 → 10:25 kulula 802
09:10 → 10:40 Safair 249
Bust Departure Times from Morgan Bay to East London Airport
9th of August: 14.00
10th of August: 06.00
10th of August: 14.00
Bike & Bike Bag Transport
- We will have limited bike transport facilities, and this will be again for the Gauteng Riders.
- Bikes will be loaded into our GKT special bike box and transported to the start at Tylden. – check the package you book as this may be included in the package.
- The same riders will then be able to have their bikes transported back to Johannesburg from the finish.
- You will be able to book a bike transfer when entering online.